Updated April 3, 2020
Old Lanterns and Crystal Valley Parkway Intersection
A meeting was held at the Pinnacle Clubhouse on February 27, 2020 to discuss the Crystal Valley Parkway and Old Lanterns pedestrian crossing. The informal meeting conveyed educational information and a plan of action for a staff assessment of the Old Lanterns Crossing. Five displays were talked through by Town Staff. The engineering display showed what the Town plans are for assessing the safety of the crossing. However, given that the vehicle and pedestrian travel patterns are abnormal right now, the Town put the assessment on hold for the time being with the hope of picking it up again in May or summer 2020 at the latest.
View displays here.
November 11, 2019
The Town of Castle Rock agreed to conduct a speed survey three months after the increase to 45-mph on portions of Crystal Valley Parkway to determine the percentage of traffic exceeding the 45-mph limit. Based upon the survey results the Town agreed to consult with the PROA Board and determine if additional safety measures are needed to protect drivers making left turns onto CVP from Lions Paw Street.
Ryan Germeroth, P.E. l Transportation Planning & Traffic Engineering Manager, Town of Castle Rock l Public Works Department, 4175 N. Castleton Ct. l Castle Rock, CO 80109, direct 720.733.2472 l main 303.660.1020 advised the following by email on October 29, 2019:
As previously discussed, we have completed an after study of the travel speeds on Crystal Valley Parkway that show the current speed characteristics of the roadway after the speed limit change earlier this year. We have not found a big difference in the actual travel speeds as compared to the data prior to the speed limit change. In fact, several locations have seen reductions in speed in the after conditions.
The Painters Ridge Board of Directors decided that the follow-up survey does not suggest that the safety of Painters Ridge Residents has declined because of the speed change on Crystal Valley Parkway, and that this matter should be reconsidered by the Board in late spring of 2020 to determine if safety concerns have arisen, and if so to re-contact the Town Staff for further evaluation.